Wednesday, February 20, 2013

New Projects

Have been busy trying some new projects.  First I will tell you about something that happened this Christmas.  While at my daughters Stephanie's house for Christmas I was using my granddaughter Mariah's favorite cup that she got as a present a while back.  We both collect black and white cow stuff and it was a black and white cow drinking cup.  Long story short I was drinking out of it on Christmas and it got broken.  I felt so bad but I told her to let me take it home and I had this wonderfull stuff (crystal effects) that could fix it.  It had only broken into four large pieces.  No problem right.  So I took it home fixed it and sat it on my table overnight to dry.  Next morning I get up and here it lays on the floor in a million pieces.  Henry my cat decided it looked better there!  So after a few minutes of panice I start over.  I tell you crystal effects can fix ANYTHING.  There is no waist with this stamper!!!  So after getting it together I think well she certainly cannot drink out of this anymore so I will make a flower arrangement out of it.  So here is my finished project.


Cow Flower Arrangement with cow lollies 2013

The center of the large lollies (rosettes) and the small daisy flowers are cow print material cut out of the scallop and five petal dies.  If you enlarge the picture you might be able to see that some of the branches of flowers are black beads.  These were silver but I painted them with black acylic paint.   I folded the leaves over the edge of the cup and hot glued them to the side to cover most of the large cracks so you could not see them.  From a distance you could hardly tell it was broken.



Granddaughter Mariah Elizabeth Smith 2013

Here is Mariah when I gave it to here.  She thought it was really cool.

Now on to the project that I have been working on for the last few weeks.  My upline Ronda Wade started a nonprofit group using stampin up cards and prayer request .  She has a blog that you can go to and request prayers or join and pray and send cards. It is called Project Hope ( Project H.O.P.E. helping other people experience God's love).


http://events.r20.constantcontact.com/register/event?oeidk=a07e70boghree29a076&llr=rpi5p8dab

or   stampwithronda@gmail.com;

If anyone is interested just give her a jingle and she would be glad to give you the infor.

I decided to make a binder for all the prayer request that I have received so far so that I can go to at a glance when I want to pray for them.  Here is some pictures of the binder.

Project Hope Binder Outside 2013

PAPER:  Core Dimentions Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive CS, Regal Rose CS, Blushing Bride CS

INK:  Basic Black, Old Olive, Rose Royal, Distressing Essentials Tea Stain Ink, Veras Mark

STAMPS:   Garden Silhouettes, Bliss, Thinking of Father, Live Your Dream, Office Ephemeria, Define Your Life, Defining Alphabet, The Open Sea, Small Alpha set non SU

PUNCHES:    Large border Lace Ribbon, Framelits Apothecary Accents, Framelets Labels Collection, hand held large 3 hole binder hole punch

ACCESSORIES;   Big shot, sticky strip, tom bow glue, glitter, heat and stick powder, sanding block, dimentionals, med size binder, sponge

Inside binder has pockets on both sides

I had extra paper that I cut to size to fit to write my requests on. 

Did you know that each of the different cancers have a different color ribbon for them.  Here is a web site that I found where you can get the different colors from. 


Two of the cards for cancer that I have done so far:



Breast Cancer Pink Ribbon 041612
Outside of card on left inside of card on right

PAPER:  Whisper White CS, Melon Mambo CS, Pretty In Pink CS, Attic Boutique DSP

INK:  Basic Black, Melon Mambo

STAMPS:   Gods Way, Cancer Ribbon, Special Blessings for Blocks

PUNCHES & DIES:  Punch Blossoms, Borders Scallop Trim

ACCESSORIES:  Brads, Pretty in Pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, heart corner punch, sponge, snail


021913 All Cancer Card Lavender Ribbon
Outside of card on left inside of card on right

PAPER:  Whisper White, Concord Crush and Lavender Lace CS

INK:  Basic Black, Lavender Lace Ink and Concord Crush marker

STAMPS:  Bloomin Marvelous, Words of Wisdom, Kindness Matters and Ribbon of Hope

PUNCHER & DIES:  Framelits Window Frames, Edgelits Finishing Touches, Textured Impressions Embossing Folders Delicate Designs.

ACCESSORIES:   Festive Paper Piercing Pack, push pad, paper piercing needle, rhinestone ice square brads, lavender ribbon, tom bow glue, big shot, bone folder, cutting pad, multipurpose platform.

On the edge of the card I used the Edgelits Finishing Touches to make the lace edge for the back page of the card.  On the front page I reversed the edgelit to make the scalloped edge as you can see on the bottom left hand picture.  Now when you do this it cuts away the paper from the card and on the edgelit you are left with the cut away lace paper.  Do not throw this away.  I did not use it on this card but will save it for a future card.  But it would make a great lace ribbon effect.  See picrure below of cut away part.



This is it for this time leave a comment and let me know what you think of my new stuff.  Have a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, can't believe that cow cup turned into this awesome arrangement for Mariah! You did a really good job on it Kathy. Like your idea for your prayer book, I have to make another one as mine is full. Glad you were able to update with your latest projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathleen, I think your cow planter is absolutely beautiful. Your designs and colors are so vibrant. Your cards for H.O.P.E are very thoughtful and would make anyone feel better if they received it. TFS
      Enjoyed our call today.

      Delete