Monday, December 21, 2009

Mariah's Makeup Tray Christmas 2009


Mariah Elizabeth Smith
Make-up Tray Christmas 2009
Well how do you like?  This is for my 13 year old granddaughter Mariah this year for Christmas.  My sister Sandi made some last year for her granddaughters and I have been dieing to make some ever since, thanks for the idea Sandi.  This was so fun and fast to make.  The only hard part was waiting for the modpodge to dry and crystal effects on the beads. I did it all in one night and it was done before I knew it. I wish I could say it was all StampinUp products but sadly it is not but tryed to use as much as I could.

INSIDE CENTER


SIDE VIEW OF FLOWERS

There is a tag added here but you can hardly see it in this picture but it has a flower in the center then I wrote "I Love You" in white gel pen.

INSIDE TOP VIEW
The velium butterflies were done using the bigshot die with velium clear cardstock.  Then I sponged ink, purple on the large one and pink on the small one.  I added jewels and glitter to give it some sparkle and curled the wings on the top set ( I doubled each butterfly to give it dimention, then glued together with wire for the stem and a brad for the head). All the flowers and the butterflies were applied using wire this way I could play with them and move them were I wanted them.  I just threaded the wire through the handle of the wooden tray.  The wooden letters and the micro beads are glued on using crystal effects. I used the modpodge on the bottom of the tray while appling layers of my cardstock.  Make sure you use gobs of modpodge the more the better and no air pockets in the paper.  It will show milky white until dry.  After drying I applied two more layers but you can add as many as you want.  If I had more time I think I would of went to the store and had a piece of glass cut to cover the bottom so if Mariah spills she can clean it up easier.  Hope you enjoy let me know what you think.  Merry Christmas.

P.S. Woops don't forgot to paint the back of your letters as I did here.  Lucky thing I have not given it to her yet.
SUPPLIES:
PAPER: DSP: Flowers For You, Tea Party  CS: Regal Rose, Lovely Lilac, Pretty In Pink, Clear Velium
INK: Regal Rose, Perfect Plum
PAINT: Acrylic Sweet Pea & Cherry Blossom Pink
PUNCHES: Spring Flower Bouquet, Scallop Circle, Scallop Square, Scallop Oval, Boho Blossoms
ACCESSORIES: ModPodge, Wooden Letters, Micro Beads, Crystal Effects, Jewels, Brads, Silk Flowers, Wire, Jute Rope, Bigz Beautiful Butterflies Die, Big Shot, Micro Beads Clear, Grommets
               

3 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy, Mariah is going to love this. Love the colors (must, because mine was the same). Your flowers are really pretty. Are you sure you weren't making this for yourself with all this purple???? Make sure you remember to tell me what she said when she opens this.
    Sandi
    P.S. Both of the girls still use theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandi it is always so much more fun creating something when you love the colors. And I can add that deep wine color in the flowers as another favorate color of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mariah is going to really like this. I saw their Christmas pictures on Steph's blog. They have really grown since I last saw them. Mariah is a very pretty young lady. TFS

    ReplyDelete