Monday, February 1, 2010

Penquin Valentine Card-PUNCH ART



PENQUIN VALENTINE PUNCH ART CARD

Aren't they just the cuties things?  Do they look like they are in LOVE???  She looks so so shy.  Do we have those guys fooled or what?  Well thanks to Jackie @ jackietopa.typepad.com who I cased this card somewhat from this is my new valentine card for this year. The picture on the left is of the outside of the card and the picture on the right is of the inside. I just finished two of them this morning and took them down to lunch to show off and they were a big hit.  I took several other valentines from before and sold eight in total this morning.  I guess I hit everyone at the right time.  Here are the directions.

SUPPLIES
HEAD: Black CS- 1 3/8" Circle punch
HEAD: INSIDE: White CS- (2) small oval punch (cut in half the short way) and (1)1/2" circle (cut in half)
EYES: Black CS- (2) 1/4" circle punch
MOUTH: Tangerine Tango CS- Small oval punch folded the long way to make it look like a beak. ( do not forget nostral marks with black marker)
BODY: Black CS- Outside - Wide oval
           White CS- Inside - Large oval
ARMS: Black CS- Girl: Large oval - cut in half long way
                            Boy: Small oval - cut in half short way to make rounded mitton hands to hold card
FEET: Round Tab punch (1) cut in half, then cut again in half (one punch makes four feet) In a later version I rounded the other half of the foot to match the punched side to make a more webbed look, you choose which one you prefer.
HEART: Decorate as you like
               Used- Sizzix backgound embosslet plate small dots
               Sponged Tangerine Tango around edges
               Cut - (1) large heart - Full Heart Punch
               Cut - (1) punch (3 hearts) w/ Heart to Heart Punch
               Sponged all edges with Tangerine Tango
STAMP: HOLIDAY BEST- "Valentine please be Mine" plus glued the three hearts on inside of card
PUNCH: bottom corners of card with small heart punch
RIBBON: 3/16" Gingham Ribbon

Hope you enjoy making this let me know what you think. Happy Valentines

2 comments:

  1. I saw Jackie's design the other day and saved it also so I could case -- I think these are so cute, but I am done with Valentine's cards I think for this year (there is always next year).

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are so cute, maybe I will make one for my sweetie!TFS

    ReplyDelete