Friday, November 13, 2009

Grandson's Birthday Card 111409

Alex's Birthday Card

Now that my grandkids are getting older I need to add to my stamps.  I had a hard time coming up with an older stamp set plus male for Alex this year.  He is eleven.  I had intentions in doing one of the sports stamps but they do not have a football guy and that is what he is into right now.  All the rest of my stamps are geared for more on the younger side so I setteled on this star set, "IN THE STARS" . The top picture is of the outside of the card and the bottom open picture is of the inside of the card.  The saying "May All Your Dreams Come True" is put on with dimentionals.  I also decorated the envelope with some of the star stamps.

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: In The Stars
PAPER: Old Olive, Yoyo Yellow, Whisper White
INK: Basic Black, Brilliant Blue
PUNCHES: Modern Label, Large Star
ACCESSORIES: Snail Adhesive, Dimentionals, Star Brads, Circle Tags

2 comments:

  1. This is really nice. The happy Birthday paper looks very familiar! Got some just like it. You are right about finding the right stamp for a young man. I too wish SU had some sport stamps for young kids. I don't want to buy a whole set for just a soccer ball. Heard from Ronda today and I am all set with my deposit for March. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason I thought you were doing a card for Mariah today when we talked. Should have known better as her's is in Spring. Alex will like this a lot -- I cannot believe he is eleven. Boy are WE getting old.

    ReplyDelete