Thursday, November 5, 2009

Instant Coco Pocket Card


Instant Hot Coco with Peppermint Pattie Card
I guess this colder weather has been getting to me because this card sounded so good to me tonight I had a hard time not sampling them.  The top picture is of the outside of the card and the bottom picture is of the opened inside.  The other night I was making my peppermint patties for the craft show and I made some hot coco and thought I wonder what it would taste like if I put one of the patties in the coco.  Well let me tell you no more plain coco for me.  So I though I would pass this on too my customers and include the extra treat with this card.  My sister Sandi Dailey had done a similar card using the bear setting on the iceberg with the trees in the background so I kind of borrowed the idea from her, thanks Sandi.  I used a sponge to do all of the background coloring, the edge of my bone folder for the scrape marks and stamps for everything on the iceberg. I used the tacky glue to glue on the peppermint and the sticky strip cut into small pieces for the inside pocket. Tip:  Tacky glue did not hold so had to staple the two sides of card to hold the weight of hot coco packet.

SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Cool & Cuddly
PAPER: Whisper White CS, Bordering Blue CS
INK: Basic Black, Bashful Blue, Soft Sky, Bordering Blue, Handsome Hunter, White Gel Pen
PUNCHES: Large Oval Punch, Wide Oval Punch, Scallop Punch
ACCESSORIES: Sponge, Snail Adhesive, Tacky Glue, Sticky Strip, Hot Coco Mix, Peppermint Patties


              Yummy for your Tummy
I guess I should include some substance to go with the sweet stuff. Here is the cup of soup card I just finished.  The top picture is of the outside of the card.  Whoops the bottom picture is turned the wrong way, it is suppose to go sideways, but it is of the inside of the card. I think you get the drift of things.  I just wanted something very quick and simple so really did not do much on this one.  The little tag on the front is put on with dimentionals thought.  When I seen the little tea cup I though of blue and white china so that is where I got my color choices from. Tip: Tacky glue did not hold so had to staple the two sides of card to hold the weight of soup packet.



SUPPLIES:
STAMPS: Yummy, Cool & Cuddly, Jumbo Incentives II, Great Friend
PAPER: Whisper White, Ballet Blue, Brilliant Blue
INK: Basic Black, Markers: Chocolate Chip, Ballet Blue, Brilliant Blue
ACCESSORIES: Dimentionals, Snail Adhesive, Instant Soup Mix,

2 comments:

  1. Well you know I am partial to the Cold & Cuddly set -- great job Kathy, even if it does look familiar. I like your idea for the cocoa & soup packets. I've seen a lot of these, but not in a card format before. I like the "Yummy" set for this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These will be a big hit I am sure at the craft show, especially if it continues to be cold and dreary. I love your choices of stamps and colors. TFS.

    ReplyDelete