Wednesday, March 10, 2010

StampinUp Plastic Pins

Cancer Pins
Here are two pins that I made using the Ribbon of Hope stamp from StampinUp for Cancer Survivors.  One of my good friends Clara who buys lots of stuff from me and goes to the lunches and bingo is over 80 some years old and this last six months had a breast removed to cancer.  She is a sweetheart and a trooper and came back strong and very quickly.  She was right back in the swing of things within a few weeks.  I gave her the one on the right and she just loved it.  It just so happened that that day she had on a matching sweater in the purely promagranate (or maroone as some of us called it).  So I pinned it on and she blossumed beautifully.  I should of though of it and taken my camera down and taken her picture.  Maybe I will ask her to bring it back and I will add it later for you.

Here are some more of the pins that I did also:

I did something different on the top row.  The two on the outside edges I punched a scallop circle out of the scallop punch using DSP.  Then I cut the scallop apart into individual petals.  I glued a large circle on the back of the pin as a base to glue the petals to and inserted the petals between the plastic front of the pin and the cardstock circle on the back to make it look like a large flower.  If you enlarge the picture you can see it better.  Also I glued tiny seed beads around the clear plastic front.  The middle pin I used the sizzit scallop die to make the background scallop.  The bottom right rose and heart pin I used the new boarder punches.

Enjoy hope you like what you see send me your comments and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. These are real cute. You make it sound so easy but that means easy for you and hard for me!! Getting MORE excited??? 1 1/2 day to go. YIPPEE Brought up my overnite bag and 2 big SU bags to fill....See you Friday at 2:50pm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you already know my comments on these, per our phone conversation this morning. But I had to tell you one more time how pretty the Ribbon of Hope button is that you did for your friend. Those flowers were perfect a touch. I love all of them, but my "personal" favorite is the first one on the left (the daisy and butterfly in yellow). And one more note: you would have to PAY ME to get all my brains passed down to you!! See you tomorrow -- I still have to pack, I'm pulling a "Kathleen."

    ReplyDelete