Monday, September 28, 2009

Stacey's Birthday Card


This is another card using tin from a pop can and the big shot die cut machine.  Top photo is of the outside of the card the bottom open photo is of the inside of the card.

This is a picture of the birthday card I made for my darling daughter Stacey's 29th birthday. She is not a frilly kind of girl but she does like black and wine colors so the new razzleberry I think will fit her just right.

My sister just did a scrapbook page display using the tin from coke cans and the bigshot to cut the dies out. I could not wait to try out the idea using it with a card so this is my idea. All the flowers and centers on the front of the card are made using tin from a pop can ran through the bigshot dies. The leaf twigs are also cut from a die using cardstock and that is ribbon behind the leaves.

On the inside I used stampes with matching inks then smaller buttons. The wording on the inside is special to me because it took me a while before I got pregnant for Stacey and when I did it was a wish come true for me.

1 comment:

  1. Kathleen, This is so beautiful and so like Stacey. I have been checking your blog just about every day up until last Fri. we came home on Sat instead of Sun. I am also going to try a pop can technique (maybe while I'm home this week). Great job on the card. I know Stacey will just love it.

    ReplyDelete